Flood Risk Assessment
ACCON UK is able to provide detailed Flood Risk Assessments for residential or commercial developments of any scale, nationwide. The susceptibility of land to flooding is an increasingly important consideration in determining planning applications; the potential consequences for occupiers, either of the development or elsewhere, in terms of safety and financial risk can be serious.
Flood Risk Assessments (FRAs) vary from simple exercises for small or less vulnerable developments to detailed studies for more vulnerable or larger developments sometimes requiring quantitative approaches i.e. hydraulic modelling to determine the risk posed to the development.
ACCON offer various levels of detail suited to your requirements including:
- Scoping Reports;
- Full Flood Risk Assessments (FRAs);
- Strategies for Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS);
- Review of Flood Risk Assessments;
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessments; and
- Advice on planning applications in terms of flood risk.
ACCON are able to provide a variety of detailed reporting for flood risk assessments which depending on the precise requirements of our clients may include:
- Pluvial and fluvial flood data.
- Predicted flood depth data.
- Susceptibility of groundwater identifying where geological conditions could enable groundwater flooding to occur and where groundwater may be in close proximity to the ground surface.
- BGS geological indicators of flooding.
- Flood return periods.
- ‘Defended’ and ‘Undefended’ flood risk data
- Detailed River Network features
- Surface water run-off flood hazard, covering minor rivers, water flowing across the ground or raised groundwater levels etc.