Construction Noise and Vibration
Noise impacts during construction can be significant, in terms of the magnitude and the duration of the various activities. Specific concerns invariably occur where construction activity is likely to be required outside of normal working hours.
ACCON personnel have extensive experience, gained over more than 35 years, in all aspects of construction noise assessment, for both small and large scale development projects and offer the following services:
- Liaison with Local Authorities
- Liaison with construction engineers to minimise noise impacts through programming, equipment selection and choice of construction methods
- Baseline noise monitoring prior to construction
- Preparation of Section 61 (of the Control of Pollution Act,1974) consent applications
- Compliance and Section 61 consent monitoring
- Construction noise monitoring design and implementation
- Development of Noise and Vibration Management Plans
- Advice on construction noise and vibration mitigation using Best Practicable Means
- Predictions using computer modelling techniques (CadnaA) in accordance with British Standard 5228, ISO 9613 etc.
Our construction noise & vibration capability expertise extends across a number of sectors including:
- Retail and commercial developments,
- New roads and railways,
- Petrochemical facilities,
- Container terminals, and
- Site investigations works.