Industrial & Commercial Noise
With continuing pressure to develop on brownfield and urban sites, industrial and commercial premises are increasingly being sited close to residential and other noise sensitive developments. As a result, noise from commercial and industrial premises is becoming an increasingly sensitive issue for people living near these premises or close to proposed development sites.
ACCON personnel have considerable experience, gained over more than 40 years, in all aspects of industrial and commercial noise assessment. ACCON are able to bring their experience into play at the planning and design stage to assist in reducing the potential impacts of noise and thereby ensuring that new developments have an easier path through the planning process. In addition, ACCON personnel are experienced with troubleshooting and can help resolve disputes in relation to noise complaints. From determining the extent of the problem, to designing solutions, ACCON can help at every step of the way to resolve any problems that may arise.
For both small and large scale commercial and industrial developments, ACCON is able to offer the following services:
- Baseline noise monitoring prior to construction
- Noise Impact Assessments for planning applications
- Development of Noise and Vibration Management Plans
- Advice on noise and vibration mitigation using Best Practicable Means
- Predictions using computer modelling techniques (CadnaA) in accordance with ISO 9613, BS 5228 etc.
- Machine hall design using computer modelling techniques (CadnaSAK and Bastian)
- Noise barrier and bund design
- Industrial and commercial noise nuisance assessments.
We advise on a number of areas in the Industrial and Commercial sectors including: