Noise & Vibration at Work
ACCON has the expertise to assist employers seeking compliance with the requirements of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 and the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005.
Employers have responsibilities to act in order to safeguard the health and safety of their employees. Under the Regulations it is the employers’ responsibility to:
- Assess the risks to employees from noise and vibration at work;
- Take action to reduce the noise and vibration exposure that produces those risks;
- Provide employees with hearing protection if the noise exposure cannot be reduced enough by using other methods;
- Make sure the legal limits on noise and vibration exposure are not exceeded;
- Provide employees with information, instruction and training; and,
- Carry out health surveillance where there is a risk to health.
ACCON UK is able to provide a comprehensive noise and vibration at work service, from providing measurements of noise and vibration exposure and carrying out noise and vibration predictions to ensuring compliance with the legal limits, through to providing comprehensive advice and design solutions to help safeguard employees from noise and vibration.
We are able to utilise our Noise Exposure Analysis Toolkit (NEAT) and our Vibration Exposure Analysis Toolkit (VEAT) to determine the effects of changes in types of plant and machinery, alterations to working practices and exposure etc, in order to provide on-going analysis of hearing and health risks in a timely and cost efficient manner.
We have variously carried out studies for utilities contractors, manufacturing plants, laboratories and construction operatives.